Take A Free Practice Test With- Top 32 Latest ASME B16.5 Practice Questions and Answers (Closed Book)
How can you find a reputable ASME B16.5 questions answers learning source that guarantees ASME B16.5 success? Where do I find the ASME Section V exam questions?
Don’t worry, you are in the right place. We have the most up-to-date and accurate questions, Improve your ASME B16.5 exam results with the UpWed Practice Tests and Exam Question Package for ASME B16.5.
UpWeld Provides 100% Valid ASME B16.5 Questions and answers which can helps you to Pass Your Certification Exam in First Attempt. Our ASME B16.5 Exam Questions are with all Training study guides along with corrected answers that verified by industry, Prepare for your exam certification with our ASME B16.5 Professional most up-to-date Q&A. ASME B16.5 questions and answers PDF is easy to read and carry solution. You can prepare your ASME B16.5 exam anywhere anytime.
Success in ASME B16.5 exam is easy with valid ASME B16.5 brain dump questions answers. Pass Individual Certification Programs certification exam in first attempt.
ASME Section V training and preparation with our Practice Tests and Exam Question Package will help you pass your ASME B16.5 exam on the first try. The practice package contains practice tests, exam questions, ASME Section V Practice Tests and Exam Question Package, Online training questions for the ASME Section V Exam.
Download new ASME B16.5 pdf questions from UpWeld. ASME B16.5 exam dumps answers are verified by highly qualified ASME B16.5 experts.
Here is the Answers keys:
BUY ASME Section V Learning Package Study Material
IN EVERY 10 QUESTIONS 1 QUESTION COMES IN EXAM
WE HAVE LATEST ASME B16.5 QUESTION BANK
99% Passing Guarantee
Total 2000+ nos QUESTION BANK FROM THEORY TO PRACTICAL.
Email Us To Buy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ideally document for passing the examination. Free guideline during learning.
We give you lot’s of study material Free of cost with this question bank.
To join with us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_cHBXIGOKY2bsje3Tu3KQw?sub_confirmation=1
Contact us for ASME B16.5 Training Course exam and Certification
1. ASME B 16.5 does not cover:
a. Class 150 flanges
b. Class 300 flanged fittings
c. Butt welded pipe caps
d. All of the above
2. The maximum hydrostatic test pressure permitted for a flange in a system hydrostatic test is:
a. Not required
b. Conducted at 1.5 x class rating @100°F
c. Conducted at 25 psi above class rating
d. Required only for welded flanges
3. “High strength” bolting is described as equivalent to:
a. ASTM A 193 B5
b. ASTM A 193 B7
c. ASTM 320 GR8
d. Any high carbon steel bolt
4. The pressure class ratings covered by ASME B16.5 are:
a. 150, 300, 400, 600, 900, 1500, 2500
b. 150, 300, 400, 450,600,900,1500
c. 125, 150, 300, 400, 600, 900, 1500, 2500
d. 150, 300, 400, 600, 700, 900, 1000, 1500
5. The standard finish for raised face flanges per ASME B16.5 is:
a. 250 µ to 500 µ / inch
b. 125 µ to 250 µ / inch
c. 260 mm to 500 mm / inch
d. 250 µ / mm to 500 µ / mm
6. Socket weld and threaded flanges are not recommended for service beyond the following temperatures if thermal cycles are involved:
a. –20 – 650°F
b. –30 – 600° F
c. –50 – 500°F
d. –50 – 500°C
7. “Low strength bolting” is:
a. ≤ 30 KSI yield strength
b. ≥ 30 KSI yield strength
c. ≥ 30 KSI tensile strength
d. ≥ 100 KSI yield strength
8. Ring joint sidewall surfaces (gasket groove) must not exceed __________roughness.
a. 50 µ / in
b. 63 µ / in
c. 100 µ/in
d. 63 mm / in
9. Which of the following items must be marked on all flanges or flanged fittings?
b. Actual working pressure
c. ASTM material specification
d. Hydrotest pressure
10. When used above ________ °F, class 150 flanges may develop leakage unless special precautions are taken regarding loads or thermal gradients.
11. The three basic parts to a flanged joint are:
a. Flanges, welds, gaskets
b. Flanges, bolts, nuts
c. Flanges, bolts, gaskets
d. Flanges, gaskets, threads
12. Class 600 flanged joints may develop leakage, unless special considerations for thermal gradients are applied at temperatures above ________°F.
13. A Class 400 flanged fitting must be hydrotested at what pressure, if the 100°F rating is 800 psig?
a. 1020 psig
b. 1200 psig
c. 1225 psig
d. Not required per ASME B 16.5
14. The maximum temperature for hydro testing a fitting is:
c. Per Construction Code requirements
d. Per Owner / User system requirements
15. The minimum duration for hydro testing on NPS 12 fitting shall be:
a. 2 min
b. 1 min
c. 3 min
d. No requirements to test fittings
16. The maximum depth and radial projection of an imperfection (deeper than the bottom of the serration) on a NPS 14 raised face flange is:
17. On an NPS 24, 600 Class flange, the thickness of the flange (minimum) is:
a. 4 ½”
18. The allowable pressure (in psig) on a 100°F, Class 150 8” flange made from A182 Grade F2 material is:
19. If a Class 1500 flange is to be made from A-182 F347 stainless steel and will be used at 280 psig with a carbon content of 0.09%, at what maximum temperature can this flange be used?
20. What is the minimum wall thickness of a Class 900 fitting that is NPS 16?
21. What is the rated working pressure of a flanged fitting that is a 400 Class with a material stress value of 16,200 psi?
a. 1000 psig
b. 1500 psig
c. 800 psig
d. 740 psig
22. What is the minimum wall thickness of a NPS 5 Class 1500 fitting?
23. What is the maximum system hydrostatic test pressure required for a Class 300 flange that is made from Group 1.10 material?
a. 1125 psig
b. 450 psig
c. 1000 psig
d. None of the above
24. A local area has been thinned on the wall thickness of a flanged fitting. The fitting is NPS 8 Class 400, and the local area has been thinned to 0.400”. Is this corrosion acceptable per ASME B 16.5?
c. Cannot be calculated from information given
d. Wall thicknesses may not be less than that shown in B16.5
25. In question No.9, what is the maximum circular area of sub-minimum thickness allowed, in square inches?
26. From problem No.9 and No.10 above, if two areas of sub-minimum thickness are observed on the fitting, what is the minimum distance between the edges of these circles?
27. What is the maximum system hydrostatic test pressure required for a Class 600 flange in a flanged joint made from Group 3.5 material?
a. 2250 psi
b. 1500 psi
c. 1000 psi
d. None of the above
28. A local area has been thinned on the wall of a flanged fitting. The fitting is NPS 12 Class 900, and the local area has been thinned to 0.945”. What is the minimum acceptable thickness for this thinned area per ASME B 16.5?
d. Cannot be calculated from information given
29. From the information in Question No.13, what is the maximum circular area of subminimum thickness allowed in square inches?
30. Using the information in questions No.13, 14 , if two areas of sub-minimum thickness are observed on the fitting, what is the minimum distance between the edges of these circles?
31. What would be the calculated thickness of a new NPS 14 flanged fitting with a 900 psi class designation?
b. 1.28” .
d. None of the above
32. A NPS flanged fitting is operating at a temperature of 6500F and has a pressure class rating of 600 psi. Using a stress value of 17,400 psi, what would be the maximum permitted rated working pressure?
a. 2000 psi
b. 1193 psi
c. 1175 psi
d. 1500 psi